Friday, March 11, 2011

Bus Stop Moose

Bus Stop Moose- 9" x 12"; acrylic/mixed media

Wild animals wandering around town can cause quite a stir. I get excited when we get deer or the occasional raccoon in our yard. For some towns like Park City, Utah it seems to be a constant problem and the animals get more and more brazen. That was the thought I had when I came up with this painting for Park City Magazine. It was for an article on how the city deals with these sometimes not so welcome visitors. It was always fun to work with my friends Don Weller and his wife Cha Cha on the magazine (they have since moved on to other pursuits). They always gave me enormous latitude in create an image, which was refreshing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea! love their expressions!

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Nice. I live in Utah too.

I love the little car details that frame the drawing in at the bottom. What a full illustration.

Great work. Nice little blog you have here.

Calista said...

Beautiful - it has a Norman Rockwell feel! That would cause quite the stir - Love it!

Nic Lawson said...

HA HA! Very cool, love the style

Karen said...

great idea & execution— as always!

Valeria said...

i love it! Granny and moose have a very funny expression!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice response everyone. It's definitely fun when a client gives you a lot of freedom to create.

Will Strong said...

The look on their faces is priceless. I love this one.

Will Terry said...

Really fun idea!