Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Christmas Gifts Spread-Final Drawing

Final approved drawing 

Just got approval for the opening spread of my Boys' Life project. Now on to paint. For this photo shoot I actually rented costuming. This is something that I rarely do because of time and cost constraints, but I may have to reconsider. I think the costuming can make a big difference in the photo shoot, especially in situations like this where there are period details and a certain need for authenticity. I did not want to rent all the pieces of the costume, but the coats, hats and scarves needed to feel right. I'm glad I went to the expense and trouble of finding the right costumes, this just means I need to paint faster in order to stay on some sort of schedule.

2 comments:

Melissa Saylor said...

You are so talented. I can't really express in words.
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I appreciate that- thank YOU for looking.