Monday, July 18, 2011

December Boys' Life Cover

Boys' Life Magazine cover- 9.5x' x 12" Digital

I just finished uploading this image to Boys' Life for the December 2011 cover. I already posted the other two illustrations for this project here and here. I had a soft deadline on this since it won't publish until December and my procrastination skills meshed with other deadlines to delay finish. I left this one until last partly because I knew I would want more time on it and partly as a delay tactic hoping that along the way I would magically get better at Photoshop. Well, I actually think that I did get better. In between the first two pieces and this one, i had a series of pieces with short deadlines that forced me to work quicker and more efficiently. As a result, when I returned to this piece, I felt like I had new skills and processes to draw upon and I think this is a stronger piece as a result.

6 comments:

Mike Blake Studio said...

Your acrylic/traditional style is definitely starting to show more strong in your digital illustrations. Great job!

I personally also like to re-approach an old project with new eyes and techniques. It is rather refreshing. I wish all projects lended such a time schedule to allow that. ^_^

Melissa Saylor said...

Well, your new skills sure paid off. Outstanding!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Very strong piece, indeed!

Jacqueline Decker said...

Awesome! You've done it again!
I can't wait to get my copy in the mail!

suziqt said...

I like the way this piece turned out, great job!

Krista said...

Just got this in the mail today and knew I had seen your blog before! Excellent piece!!