Friday, June 22, 2012

Rabbit Brush - Sold


I recently got a check for a small painting of a piece of sage brush that I did on location  in Bishop, California.The expanse of open space in this area of California was a challenge and delight to paint. I immediately liked this when I painted it and felt it was quite successful. It then hung in my house for several months and continued to grow on me. It has always been a bit melancholy for me to sell a piece of original art. For years I have accustomed myself to licensing out the rights of my illustration work to my clients and then having the paintings returned to me after their use. I am at a bit of a crossroads now in this regard. Most of my current illustration work is digital so there isn't even a physical artifact to hold in my hands and my focus has also expanded to gallery work where the whole objective is to sell the original art.


Wow, what a contrast! I am slowly coming to grips with letting my paintings go. I have shifted my attitude in order to be excited that I get to share my work with others. The emphasis is now on the creation process instead of the end result. In the sharing and not the keeping. Besides, I have WAY too many old paintings stacked up in my studio and its time to let them go.

See my latest offerings at Williams Fine Art

No comments: