Friday, November 16, 2012

Grasshopper Hunter in Illustrators 55

Grasshopper Hunter - Digital 11" x 17 by Greg Newbold
I got a nice phone call from the  New York Society of Illustrators yesterday informing me that my piece "Grasshopper Hunter" was accepted into Illustrators 55. It was a nice call to take considering that I have not been so lucky the past couple of years. For those who are unfamiliar with the Society's Annual, this year marks the 55th year of this annual competition which typically accepts around 400 of the years best illustrated works from a pool of around 6000 or so entries. It is pretty stiff competition and it is always nice to get something in the show. The piece also got in the Spectrum Annual earlier this year, so I must have done something right on this one.

6 comments:

Donna Jeanne Koepp said...

Congratulations! I love this image. Cheers.....

Kathy said...

Well deserved - beautiful piece!

suziqt said...

You could definitely use some good news. I think it's well deserved on this piece, congratulations!

Chad Grohman said...

Congratulations, Greg. Well earned.

Sarah Keele said...

Way to go Brother Newbold!

Unknown said...

Thanks Everyone! I does feel good to get a little validation every once in a while.